Veggie Nuggets are a great way to turn veggies into a favourite snack in the evenings before dinner. These kid-friendly homemade veggie nuggets can easily beat the store-bought version. When you want all the colours, all deliciousness, and nutrients all together in one recipe, fresh vegetable nuggets never fail. This version is an all-time favourite for picky toddlers as a finger food. These energy-boosting nuggets can also be enjoyed as roti kabab rolls or relished as a side dish when your child wants to have a small portion.
- 2-3 medium sized carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 beet
- 1 deseeded bell pepper
- 1 stalk broccoli
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 3 tsp. corn-starch/eggs
- Oil for frying
- Chop all veggies and blanch them in salted water. Put broccoli in last as it cooks quickly.
- Check if all the veggies are fork tender.
- Mash all the veggies with potato masher or use a food processor.
- Pulse or mash everything together including salt and pepper.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and place it in the freezer for 20 minute to give it the firmness to form nice shape for the nuggets. Shape the nuggets in fun shapes of your choice.
- Coat them with bread crumbs and fry them until golden brown
- Serve warm with a sauce of their choice.