You have a picky eater at home and getting them to eat colorful veggies like pumpkin is a challenge? Try offering this pumpkin treat to them. Pumpkin halwa is a rich source of vitamin A, C, potassium and protein and tastes delicious. It covers the daily requirements of beta carotene and minerals that help in healthy growth and development.
- 1 ½ cup grated yellow pumpkin
- ¼ cup jaggery powder
- 2 tsp. ghee
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- A pinch of saffron
- Nuts of your choice (almonds, walnuts)
- Handful of raisins
- 1 cup water
- In a pan, add one spoon of ghee and add the grated pumpkin.
- Sauté for a five to ten minutes until the raw smell is gone.
- Sprinkle in 1 cup of water at this time.
- Cook on a low to medium flame until all the water is absorbed.
- Now add the jaggery powder and mix well.
- When it is completely dissolved, add another spoon of ghee and sauté till the ghee is combined well.
- Add cardamom powder, saffron, a sprinkling of nuts and raisins.
- Serve warm.