When you want to elevate the deliciousness and health with simple ingredients for your picky eater, peanut butter and banana are the perfect combinations for an easy, kid-approved sandwich.
Nut butter is, of course, a wonderful and healthy choice? Peanut butter is packed with vitamins and minerals along with good fats. It also has nutrients that strengthen the immune system and let’s face it, that’s what we all want for our little ones right now.
Worried about the amount of sugar in commercial packs of peanut butter? Choose organic, fresh peanut butter instead. It’s a rich protein source that’s great for a high energy start to the day and loaded with potassium for stronger bones and muscles.
Another ingredient of today’s power-packed breakfast is banana. This offers a quick energy boost with carbohydrates, minerals like potassium and calcium and Vitamin B6 for a happier toddler. This is brain food that helps children to stay alert. Let’s get started.
- 2 slices of whole-wheat or multigrain bread
- 1⁄2 a banana sliced
- 2 tsp. of organic peanut butter (preferably freshly made)
- Melt 1⁄2 tsp. of butter over medium heat in a grill pan.
- Spread one tsp. of peanut butter on each slice of bread. Evenly place sliced banana across each slice and close your sandwich.
- Grill the sandwich on both sides until golden brown.
- Cut into four or have fun using a cookie cutter of your desired shape or size.
- Serve warm for maximum joy.