Here’s chocolate cake recipe for your child that’s perfect for celebrating Christmas and that can be made entirely in one go, is sugar free, delicious, easy to decorate and even contains a serving of vegetables!
Super rich, packed with antioxidants, wholegrain fiber and Vitamin C this is a cake you can make with your little one.
- ½ cup oil (any vegetable oil/ olive oil)
- 200 gm of cooked beetroot
- 200 gm of full fat yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. of honey
- 200 gm of wholewheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Grease a 6-inch cake pan
- Blitz the oil and beetroot in a food processor until it forms a smooth batter.
- Add rest of the cake ingredients and pulse until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for over 30-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Top the cake with cream and fresh flowers or Christmas chocolates or decorations.