This simple toddler-friendly complete meal takes less than 15 mins to put together and serves up a hidden source of iron. Your little one is sure to love it.
This pasta dish is a favourite of kids, adding creaminess with potassium-rich avocado, and folate and iron with spinach. Cashews add extra richness bringing the extra goodness of copper, manganese, magnesium and even some Vitamin K. It’s also loaded with the richness of fibre and antioxidants.
- 2-3 cups dry pasta ( preferably organic wheat baby pasta)
- 1 cup raw baby spinach
- 1 medium avocado, ripe
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup raw cashews (soaked in an hour or so for a creamier texture)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon juice
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the packet
- Combine all the ingredients in the food processor and pulse until completely combined.
- Toss immediately with warm pasta and enjoy.