This creamy soup is like a warm hug in winters. Since cold weather brings its own immunity challenges for parents, and making the right nutrition choices can become even more important. Especially when it comes to picky eaters, it’s important to make dishes delicious as well as healthy. This nutrition-packed delicious soup can become a fixture on your winter menu.
- 2 tbsp. of oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 ½ minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into pieces
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- ½ cup red lentils
- ½ salt to taste
- 2 tsp. of coconut milk
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. curry powder(optional)
- Heat a heavy pot, over medium heat. Once hot add oil, onions, carrots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic and sauté for 2-3 mins or until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower, broth, lentils and salt. Add curry powder (optional).
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook on low heat. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until lentils and cauliflower are tender.
- Add coconut milk and blend with a hand blender until creamy and no chunky bits remain
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper for overall flavor.
- Continue cooking for a few more minutes over medium heat.
- Serve warm.